Tax Preparation – What to Bring
Below is a list of everything you MUST BRING for your tax preparation visit:
- A copy of last year’s tax return is REQUIRED (new change for this year)
- Valid photo ID for yourself and your spouse
- Social Security or ITIN cards for you, your spouse and all dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and all dependents
- Forms W-2 from every place you worked in 2016 and Forms 1099, if applicable
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099-INT or 1099-DIV)
- Form 1095 A, Form B or C (Affordable Care Act healthcare statement) and/or other health insurance verification
- Social Security Statement (SSA-1099), Education Expenses (1098-T), Pensions (1099-R) and Unemployment Statement (1099-G) if applicable.
- Total amount paid for daycare and daycare provider’s tax identification number
- Other relevant information about income and expenses, i.e., donations made, including those to schools, educational expenses, home interest, property taxes & medical expenses for those who will be able to itemize
- For Direct Deposit, bank routing numbers and account numbers for checking and savings accounts
- If filing jointly, you and your spouse must be present to sign the returns
Self Employed Taxpayer?