Commitment to Schools in Tempe and Kyrene
Commitment to Schools in Tempe & Kyrene (C2S) serves as a broker of services to local public schools. We assist with identifying the needs of individual schools and locate existing community resources to help address those needs. Funds raised are used to sponsor some of these services: early literacy, counseling, parent outreach & education, pre-school readiness, health and wellness, and family resource centers.
2015 C2S Breakfast – Councilmember David Schapira more photos …
The mission of Commitment to Schools in Tempe and Kyrene is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
Students in Tempe and Kyrene will complete school and be prepared for success as an adult.
- The philosophy of C2S is to coordinate efforts through the cooperation of individuals, organizations and service providers, whose focus is to ensure that every child has an opportunity to experience success.
- Our community includes families, neighbors, friends, associations, churches, media, youth organizations, businesses, and public institutions who help us accomplish our goal on behalf of students.
- Coordinates community resources at the school site, or in an accessible location.
- Serves families in the Tempe and Kyrene school districts through a collaboration with leaders in education, business, social service and government.
- Members of the community who serve on an advisory board Board represent many sectors of the community who are committed to assuring that a full range of medical, social, recreational, and educational services are available as identified through our school and community partnerships.
Keep up-to-date with the C2S blog!
C2S Facebook page
Thrive to Five class schedule available at www.thrivetofive.org