Jobs & Requests for Proposals
The following employment opportunity has been released and published:
Open Date: July 19, 2020
Closing Date: Open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Hourly Wage: $12-$15 per hour – Pay range based on level of capabilities and background in coalition building, substance abuse prevention, and knowledge of trauma informed prevention.
Work Schedule: August 2020 through May 2021, 15-20 hours weekly, primarily Monday thru Friday with flexibility for evenings and weekend with advanced notice
The Tempe Community Council is in search for a motivated student intern to work with the Tempe Coalition. In this role, the intern will learn first-hand how a community coalition impacts their community. Daily work will assist the Tempe Coalition in their efforts to help all Tempe youth live at their full potential. The Tempe Coalition’s focus is to promote health and wellness through awareness, education, advocacy, and building connections to community resources in efforts to reduce youth risk behaviors such as underage drinking, prescription drug misuse, and illicit drug use.
- Assist Tempe Coalition Program Director in the day-to-day tasks associated with running a community coalition that is funded through the Drug Free Communities Grant.
- Manage Tempe Coalition social media accounts to ensure timely postings are made each week.
- Assist with virtual and in-person event planning.
- Write Tempe Coalition correspondence such as press releases, emails, etc.
- Conduct verbal presentations (i.e. small group, large group, virtual) on behalf of the Tempe Coalition (i.e. Coalition members, community members, and elected government officials).
- Conduct interviews (i.e. radio, television, web-based programs) for the Tempe Coalition.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including interpersonal relations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, flexible with priority changes.
- Work independently while providing weekly project updates.
- Skilled in computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Google platform, Adobe Photoshop, Canva, WordPress, Zoom, Eventbrite) for updating of website, creation of graphics, and correspondence.
- Skilled at managing social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) creating appropriate postings.
- Perform data analytics related to social media postings to determine impact.
- Manage Coalition membership database, tracking member attendance and involvement agreements.
- Assist in planning virtual and in-person events/trainings.
Requires successful completion of selection process, possible completion of background investigation, fingerprint clearance may be required, and verification of identity/work authorization. Please submit resume and three references to Tempe Coalition Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE INFO ON TEMPE COALITION
Email or call 480.858.2316
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Tempe Community Council (TCC) is an Equal Opportunity / Reasonable Accommodation employer. TCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, familial status, age, disability, and United States military veteran status. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, City will make a reasonable accommodation(s) during the recruitment & selection process. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting TCC at 480-858-2300. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.