Young Humanitarian Scholarship & Award
The Young Humanitarian Scholarship & Award recognizes a graduating high school senior who exemplifies the spirit of goodwill, volunteerism, philanthropy and humanitarianism through the work or service they are engaged in to benefit others.
The award and scholarship were created to support young humanitarians who have passion, dedication and commitment to make a change for the better in their community.
Students can self-apply or be nominated by an adult leader who has directly worked with the student nominee.
TYPE OF SCHOLARSHIP
One-time gift of $2,000; to be used for tuition or other expenses in support of secondary education or training.
The scholarship is generously funded by Tempe philanthropists Jenny Norton & Bob Ramsey of the Ramsey Social Justice Foundation.
This award is presented annually by Tempe Community Council. This award will be presented at the 39th Annual Don Carlos Humanitarian Awards event being held on Wednesday, October 12, 2022. The recipient will be required to attend the awards ceremony.
- Must live, serve, or attend high school within the Tempe city boundaries
- Graduating from high school in 2022
- Must be planning/in the process of enrolling for the 2022 fall semester to attend a post-secondary education and/or training institution which may include public or private universities, colleges, community colleges, career/technical schools, vocational/trade schools, centers for continuing education, campus transition programs, and apprenticeship programs
- Demonstrates an active commitment during middle/high school to unpaid volunteer efforts promoting the well-being and quality of life for others
- Has a rooted passion to help others
- Displays humanitarian principles by word and deed, which may include the following: service-minded, encourages others, demonstrates leadership, engaged in volunteer or philanthropic activities, contributes to improving the lives of others, advocates for positive social change and/or aid to the underserved.
- Must be available to attend the 39th Annual Don Carlos Humanitarian Awards event on October 12, 2022.
- Demonstrates a consistent record of community service and passion to help others. Though there is value in brief service efforts with many different fragile populations, sustained and focused service efforts will be considered more meaningful.
- Candidates for final consideration will be asked to participate in a personal interviews in April.
SUBMIT A NOMINATION / Application
Nominations must be submitted or received by Friday, April 1, 2022.
Call 480.858.2310 or Email >