Young Humanitarian Scholarship & Award
The Young Humanitarian Scholarship & Award recognizes a graduating high school senior who exemplifies the spirit of goodwill, volunteerism, philanthropy and humanitarianism through the work or service they are engaged in to benefit others.
The award and scholarship were created to support young humanitarians who have passion, dedication and commitment to make a change for the better in their community. A young humanitarian student is service-minded, encourages others, demonstrates strong leadership, is engaged in volunteer or philanthropic activities, contributes to improving the lives of others and is deeply committed to public service to bring about positive social change and/or aid to the under-served.
Students can self-apply or be nominated by an adult leader who has directly worked with the student nominee.
TYPE OF SCHOLARSHIP
One-time gift of $2,000; to be used for tuition or other expenses in support of college education or trade school.
The scholarship is funded by Tempe philanthropists Jenny Norton & Bob Ramsey of the Ramsey Social Justice Foundation.
This award is presented annually by Tempe Community Council. This year, the 38th Annual Don Carlos Humanitarian Awards Ceremony & Dinner is being held on Wednesday, September 29, 2021 (tentative).
- Graduating from high school in 2021
- Must live, work, serve or attend high school within the Tempe city boundaries
- Must be planning/in the process of enrolling for the 2021 fall semester to attend a post-secondary education and or training institution which may include public or private universities, colleges, community colleges, career/technical schools, vocational/trade schools, centers for continuing education, campus transition programs, and apprenticeship programs
- Demonstrates an active commitment during middle/high school to unpaid volunteer efforts promoting the well-being and quality of life for others
- Demonstrates volunteer leadership achievements
- Displays humanitarian principles by word and deed
- Has a rooted passion to help others
- Must be available to attend the 2021 Don Carlos Humanitarian Awards event on September 29, 2021 (tentative) / as scheduled.
- Demonstrates a consistent record of community service and passion to help others. Though there is value in brief service efforts with many different fragile populations, sustained and focused service efforts will be considered more meaningful.
- Candidates for final consideration will be asked to participate in a personal interviews in May or June.
SUBMIT A NOMINATION / Application
Nominations / applications are accepted until May 10, 2021.
Call 480.858.2310 or Email >